Monday, October 25, 2010

Happiness and Joy

 
I am fascinated by Chinese calligraphy. This is the symbol XI. It is the symbol for joy and happiness. Making music and singing brings joy and  that's how the symbol for happiness and joy is formed. It shows a hand beating a drum placed on a stand and a mouth at the bottom.
Today I am feel like I am beating my drum and singing. My heart overflows with joy. I know where my joy comes from. 
I am reminded of Annie Sullivan when Helen Keller finally understands. Annie says," My heart is singing for joy this morning! A miracle has happened! the light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil's mind, and behold, all things are changed!" 
I feel that joy today. There is purpose in our trip. Another student has asked for a Book. Our hearts are full and our bags are full and we are eager to visit our friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment